In this document, Golding Accountancy Limited ( here after referred as “we”, “our”, or “us”) are the Data Controller.
We do not knowingly sell products or provide services for purchase by children, nor do we market to children.
This is Policy sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this Policy, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
We take the protection of your privacy and confidentiality seriously and understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party. If you are unhappy with how your personal information will be handled, then please either contact us – or do not continue to use our website.
We handle, process and store Personal Information as is required by Privacy Law (The General Data Protection Regulation and The Data Protection Act 2018)
How do we use your Personal Information?
The bases on which we collect process and store information about you is as follows
- Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you
- When you create an account on our website, buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
- In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us..
We may also use it to:
- Verify your identity for security purposes
- Provide you with our services
- Provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website
- We may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable.
- Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you
- more information about our business, including job opportunities and our products and services, where you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
- Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. We may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor the performance of a particular page on our website.
- If you have given us explicit permission to do so, we may from time to time pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful.
Information we process for the purposes of legitimate interests
We may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest to us, Where we process your information on this basis, we do after having considered:
- whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
- whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
- whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so
- insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage business risk
- protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so
- Information we process because we have a legal obligation and to comply with a statutory obligation or order of a court
Once your information enters the public domain, we have no control over what any individual third party may do with it. We accept no responsibility for their actions at any time.
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent, or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
Information relating to your method of payment
Payment information is never taken by us or transferred to us either through our website or otherwise. Our employees and contractors never have access to it. We use a payment provider to take debit and credit card payments.
Information about your direct debit
When you agree to set up a direct debit arrangement, the information you give is passed via GoCardless for processing according to our instructions. We do keep a copy.
The direct debit provider is registered under the direct debit guarantee scheme. This provides for the customer’s bank to refund disputed payments without question, pending further investigation. Direct debits can only be set up for payments to beneficiaries that are approved originators of direct debits. In order to be approved, these beneficiaries are subjected to careful vetting procedures. Once approved, they are required to give indemnity guarantees through their banks.
Sending a message to our support team
When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need.
We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business.
We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high-quality service.
Disclosure and sharing of your information
Information we obtain from third parties
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we sometimes receive data that is indirectly made up from your personal information from third parties whose services we use.
No such information is personally identifiable to you.
To assist in combating fraud, we may share information with credit reference agencies, so far as it relates to clients or customers who instruct their credit card issuer to cancel payment to us without having first provided an acceptable reason to us and given us the opportunity to refund their money.
Verification of your information
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- to provide you with the services you have requested;
- to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
- to support a claim or defence in court.
- to track how you use our website
- to record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our website
- to keep you signed in our site
- to record your answers to surveys and questionnaires on our site while you complete them
- to record the conversation thread during a live chat with our support team
- Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded.
- We record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
- We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you.
Access to your own Personal Information
- At any time, you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01702 719116
- To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website you may send us a request by contacting us via email email@example.com
- If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website, you may contact us at via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. We will only contact you if there is a significant change of use of your data.
Should you wish to know more about how we handle your Personal Information then please contact
us via email email@example.com
If you are unhappy about the way we handle your Personal Information and you feel that you have not had a satisfactory response to your questions then please contact the Information Commissioners Office via their website www.ico.gov.uk
Dated June 2019